Skip to content
Advertisements

Rest in Peace Ukulele Mike

January 7, 2018
by

Ukulele Mike Lynch RIP

Dear Ukulele friends,

In great sadness, we post that Ukulele Mike passed away unexpectedly Tuesday morning, January 2, 2018. He is survived by Collene Sinclair Lynch, his loving wife of 47 years; children, Erin and Dianne; his brother, Tim (Lucy) and their family; and the entire Sinclair Clan.

Mike loved playing the ukulele (and just about any other instrument he could get his hands on)! He considered himself a teacher, rather than a performer, and strove to make music accessible to students of all levels.

He was devoted to you-his followers and friends around the world-on the web and YouTube.

Please note that the family intends to continue Ukulele Mike’s commitment to his Ukulele fans and followers. All music and songbooks, etc. will continue to be available through the store.

We thank you for all your loving tributes to him; it means a great deal to us all! Together, with just 4 strings, let us build a world of peace! Mahalo!

Remembrances may be made to Puget Sound Kidney Centers Foundation.

Please sign the Guestbook at the Harvey Funeral Home website.

Advertisements
21 Comments leave one →
  1. Cal permalink
    January 7, 2018 2:54 p01

I am deeply saddened by the untimely passing of Ukulele Mike. Although I have never met him face-to-face, you felt like a personal friend due to his caring personality. He was special and admired and assuredly given a special place in heaven. I like many will miss Ukulele Mike.

2. Stephanie Simms permalink
    January 7, 2018 2:54 p01

I have just received the news of Ukulele Mike’s passing. I am deeply saddened by the news and wish to convey my condolences to his family. He was my sole inspiration for everything Ukulele. I shall remember him with great fondness.

Stephanie Simms (Australia)

3. Susan Scott permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

Really sad. I have learnt so much from Mike’s videos.they were done in such an easy and fun way for everyone to enjoy.
    Love to all the family.

4. Mitsy Callender permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

OMGoodness! So sad, what a Legend. Millions around the globe learned so much from Mike, he surely can Rest In Peace knowing he made such a Happy Difference to so many lives. We Salute, Thank & Honour You Mike. He will probably carry on teaching up there…… spreading his talent & joy. Much Caring & Comfort to Collene & all Family from around the globe, You must be so Proud, sad but Proud. Much Gratitude ~ Mitsy [Queensland, Australia]

5. Robert permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

Rest In Peace Mike. My condolences to Mike’s family. Mike touch the lives of many.

6. Delores Radford permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

Ukulele Mike Lynch will always be remembered. That first ukulele I got in 2008 would have been laid aside by now if I hadn’t found Ukulele Mike on You Tube. My heart is saddened by his passing but I know there is a place in Heaven where our Ukulele Mike is still teaching the love of the ukulele. Delores Radford

7. January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

So sad to hear that Ukulele Mike has died. My thoughts are with his family.
    He was an inspiration to me and I’m sure to many others.

8. January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

Please accept my sincerest condolences to a great musician
    and Ukelele player My thoughts are with you and your family.

9. dandslau@yahoo.com permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

My deepest condolences Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

10. Laurie permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

Sad to hear of his passing. I really enjoy playing from his music books and have learned a lot from his tiutorials. He made playing solo chord arrangements fun. RIP Ukulele Mike.

11. Bud Runion permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

What an inspiration he has been to an old guy like me! A very sad day.

12. Betsey Kuzia permalink
    January 8, 2018 2:54 p01

Thanks for letting me know. I am so sorry to hear this as Mike was such an inspiration to so many of us!

Betsey Kuzia in Albany NY

Typed on my tiny keyboard!

13. Judy slinn permalink
    January 9, 2018 2:54 p01

Isn’t it wonderful how one man can bring so much love and joy to the world by playing a four string instrument, the ukulele. He will greatly be missed. Loved this happy gentleman.

14. Phyllis Feaster permalink
    January 9, 2018 2:54 p01

May each of us touch a tenth of the lives our wonderful Mike did. I continue to learn from Mike’s amazing library….what a generous gift. Thank you Mike…for your gift of all things ukulele ❤️

15. January 13, 2018 2:54 p01

My most sincere condolences.

16. Raé Dollard permalink
    January 22, 2018 2:54 p01

A great loss but his teaching will carry on.

17. February 1, 2018 2:54 p02

I’ve been learning from the 5 chord melody books and the 2 Christmas books for about a year. It’s so sad to learn that Mike has gone to Heaven; my condolences to the family. May his music and loving teaching style on Youtube and Vimeo continue to touch and inspire us.

Tony (1946) Png, Singapore

18. February 2, 2018 2:54 p02

I found his YouTube videos when I started playing ukulele — and loved him for taking the time to teach so many of us how to play some of our favorite songs! This is sad news.

19. Dallas Hewett permalink
    February 9, 2018 2:54 p02

I just bought a ukulele in January when I was in Hawaii and I just found Ukulele Mike. My condolences to his family and friends. I look forward to learning from him even while he’s gone.

20. Gema Carlson permalink
    February 15, 2018 2:54 p02

Ukulele Mike was the first person who I showed me how to play the ukulele. His YouTube videos were so easy to understand. I knew he was awesome when he personally replied to one of my emails asking about a song. It was such a warm, friendly, encouraging reply. Rest in peace. From Gema in New Zealand.

21. April 2, 2018 2:54 p04

Hi Lee, I just started the Ukulele and was sad to learn about Mike. RIP Mike. Such a talented man.